Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Journal #32 - "Learning"

My most memorable experience was in California at STN. I went to a breakout class with a guy named Jason Hanson. He is a photographer/editor and produces news packages that air on news stations. I remember how funny and interesting both of his classes were. When he explained his work to us, he got angry at one package, because he saw so many things that could be improved. From him, I learned how editing can turn a whole package around, and make it an interesting, eye-catching package.

My ideal school would be a school that took out unnecessary subjects, like P.E. and replaced it actual life skills. I would have more classes that would prepare students for many different career paths. Although most schools have career classes, I would add more to my ideal school, so that the students would have more choices, so they can better prepare for the job they want to pursue after high school. The school would teach students these skills, by bringing in trained professionals, and giving the students the chance to actually experience what kinds of things that go on in the field they want to pursue.

1 comment:

lsueoka said...

Hi Destrie,
Glad to hear you gained so much from the STN experience :)
As far as your ideal school, what would those skills be, specifically, that you feel are important to teach in schol? What types of professionals would you suggest?

assessment score: 3
mrs s