Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Journal #31"- My Passions

My passion is God and church. Growing up I never went to church, let alone enjoyed it, but in the past 2 years, it's become one of my biggest, and one of my only passions. At church I volunteer on the tech team. We create and edit videos, and run all the multi-media things that are used on Sundays during church services. I personally run the mixer, which pretty much controls and directs what the cameras, DVDs, and laptops do and what the audience sees.And on my free time I help the team edit videos, that are shown on the church website and on Sundays. Through this passion, I've formed a family with all the volunteers, and has allowed me to grow closer to God. I look foward to going to church every Sunday, and speak with my church family daily. This passion has taught me how to not judge people and how to have empathy for others, because I've learned how to have love for other, because I've discovered the love God has for me. I believe that God and church has made me a better person. For this passion, I'd like to take it to college, and carry it the rest of my life. I've found two Christian Colleges that I want to attend, one in Hawaii and one in California. I'm still juggling three options that I want to strech with this passion. I want to either become a pastor, become a Christian counselor, or work with my cousin(who will major in Business) and open our own media business, where we will film and edit videos for churches, if they don't have their own media ministry.

1 comment:

lsueoka said...

Great ideas Destrie! I love how you combine your religious beliefs and commitment with your talents in the media!
It will be exciting to see how you can design a project that will allow you to learn and stretch more in this area in the next few weeks :)
assessment score: 4
mrs s